UK VELO - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Completion of an entry form or purchase of any type of entry by event participants or their representative acknowledges the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant.
TERMS (Section 1/2):
- 1 - The participant is fully responsible for their own actions whilst attending any event this includes the event centre and the event course, UK VELO does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant, nor the consequences of such actions.
- 1.1 - Each participant upon signing the registration form (if in person or on-line) agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of completing the event route they have signed up to do if during the event they decide to change their route, they do so at their own risk and must inform a member of the UK VELO team upon their return. The event registration form must be completed by a person aged 18 or over, evidence of age may be requested.
- 1.2 - Participants under the age of 18 will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of a parent or guardian (And that of the UK VELO TEAM) who must sign the event registration form on behalf of the underage participant. Signing is also acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage participant. Anyone aged 18 or under needs to be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them. (SAFEGUARDING POLICY)
- 1.3 - The participant confirms that the clothing and equipment they have chosen to wear during the event is suitable and worthy to complete the longest route irrelevant if this is the chosen route or not.
- 1.4 - During the events there will be warning signs at appropriate times throughout the route. Absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching and it is the decision of the participant to decide whether to continue a section or not.
Due to the nature of the events, some of the terrain will be uneven or slippery. It is down to the participant to decide whether they will proceed on that section or not.
Any marked route is shown for guidance only and UK VELO does not insist that you
use the route shown. Therefore, if the participant chooses to proceed on a section
to avoid any obstacles or sections they believe are beyond their capabilities, they do
so entirely at their own risk.
- 1.5 - UK VELO reserves the right to shorten, adjust OR CANCEL the published route/event
at any time.
Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route/event has been
adjusted, shortened, or cancelled.
(THIS INCLUDES COMPLETELY POSTPONING THE EVENT TO A LATER DATE OR
CANCELLING THE EVENT (see below)).
- 1.6 - You should ensure you have a suitable level of insurance cover for the event you are
you taking part in, examples of such would be EVENT CANCELLATION INSURANCE,
Injury protect insurance, cycle insurance or equipment insurance, we cannot be held
responsible for injuries you sustain during training, cancellations due to your plans
changing or damage or loss of property whilst taking part in any of our events which is completly beyond our control.
- 1.7 - Participants must be considerate to other users of roads, paths, bridleways,
footpaths, or byways. Upon seeing other users, such as walkers or horse riders,
participants are required to pass with care.
- 1.8 - No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- 1.9 - Cyclists should obey the highway code and all traffic laws where applicable.
- 1.9 - Helmets must be worn if the entrant is taking part in an event that has a cycle section.
- 2.0 - Each participant if fully responsible for any fees or cost incurred arising from an
accident. This involves, but is not exclusive to police, air ambulance, fire and rescue
and the ambulance service. If it arises that the participant is not able to make the
decision to call the emergency services, they agree that a member of the UK VELO
team or a member of the public may call for them. In this incidence the participant
still accepts the cost incurred and consequences of such actions.
- 2.1 - Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and give permission for UK
VELO to use and publish any photographs, films or video made or taken on any
activity run by UK VELO. The participant hereby releases UK VELO from all liability
from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction,
sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage, and distribution of said
photograph or video without limitation at the discretion of UK VELO. The participant
specifically waives any right to compensation if they may have for appeared in any
of the photographs or videos taken at an event run by UK VELO, IF YOU HAVE A
CHILD ENTERING WITH YOU, THEY MAY ALSO APPEAR IN THESE PHOTOGRAPHS AND
VIDEOS, and you agree that they can appear in these images and videos that may be
distributed Online, via appropriate media.
- 2.2 - If the participant is unable to complete an event they agree to call or return to the
event centre and report to a member of the UK VELO team.
- 2.3 - Entry fees cannot be refunded or exchanged under any circumstances.
- 2.4 - UK VELO reserves the right to cancel any event due to any circumstances. In such
event, each Participants entry will be transferred to a rescheduled date, if a
participant cannot make the new date, they can carry entry to another event, but
not to a subsequent year in these instances no refunds will be issued under any
- 2.5 - You agree that UK VELO can contact you with regards to your event with details
about the event, start times, changes to routes and general updates. (GPDR
- 2.6 - No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- 2.7 - It is your responsibility to ensure you know when the event is happening,
UK VELO will not contact you until approx. 2 weeks
before an event with an update on the event, all the information needed for an
event will be available via the event webpages.